Select Page

If you will or may volunteer within the club in a role that has face to face contact with children then you need to get  a working with children check done. The Check is fully portable which means it can be used for any paid or unpaid child-related work in NSW for as long as the worker remains cleared. The is MANDATORY and failure to produce a WWC number will see you removed from your position.

Click here for the application form


The Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for paid and unpaid child-related work. Under Part 2, section 6 of the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012, child-related work is defined as work in a specific, child-related role or face-to-face contact with children in a child-related sector. Additional roles are identified in the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013.

Child-related sectors

If you have face-to-face contact with children and work in one of these industry sectors, you must apply for a Check:

  • Child development and family welfare services
  • Child protection
  • Children’s health services
  • Clubs or other bodies providing services for children
  • Disability services
  • Early education and child care
  • Education
  • Entertainment for children
  • Justice centres
  • Religious services
  • Residential services
  • Transport services for children
  • Youth workers
  • School cleaners